Permanent lockers

Permanent lockers for HU members
Lockers for doctoral students
Abb.: Natalie Schlottke

The Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm Zentrum provides 84 permanent lockers for members of the Humboldt Universität. These can be used until the end of the respective semester and can also be used overnight. During the period of use you will receive a locker with a key from us.


Key issue summer semester 2024
at the service counter in the foyer

15 - 18 April 2024
Mon - Thu 09:00 - 11:00 h and 13:00 - 15:00 h

Only while stocks last.

Frequently asked questions

Where are the lockers?

They are located in the basement of the Grimm Centre, lockers 1-84.

Do I need my own padlock?

No. These special lockers are equipped with a library lock. You will receive the key from us on loan.

When are the lockers issued?

The lockers are always issued at the beginning of the semester. We will inform you via web news and through our social media channels.

What do I do if my locker is lost or damaged?

If you notice any damage, please contact us immediately using the contact details below.

If you have lost the key, the security guard can break open the lock for you in an emergency. Please report the loss/opening by the security guard immediately by e-mail. A loss report must then be completed and sent to us by e-mail.
The cost of replacement and engraving of the padlock is to be borne in full by the borrower(s).
Please note that the library and the university are not liable for loss or damage to the contents in the locker.

What do I do if I no longer need the locker?

If you no longer need the locker before the loan period expires, you can hand in the key at any time via the return mailbox. Make sure to clear the locker completely and clean it if necessary.

Help and contact

If you have any further questions about the lockers, or would like to report a loss or damage, please contact us by email or use the online help desk.