The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin has acquired an unlimited Campus licence of the reference manager Citavi Prowhich allows students and staff to house and use the software on computers of the university, personal computers or USB sticks.
The software as well as the acquisition of a licence key (validation code) are freeware and may be downloaded on http://www.citavi.com/hu-berlin.
The sender’s email address which is indicated there serves as proof of membership of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Please go to http://www.cms.hu-berlin.de/dl/software/Citavi/citavi_html for further information.
The online course on information literacy (Online-Kurs Informationskompetenz) of the University Library also offers a tutorial on the reference management system Citavi.
The University Library provides a file with the specific settings of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Datei mit HU-spezifischen Einstellungen) which includes several defaults for relevant catalogues and bibliographic databases.
HU defaults for Citavi (updated: 24th September 2008)
How to import the Citavi settings:
- Save the file with the settings on your computer (click on right mouse button) save as...
- After opening Citavi, select Import or export settingsfrom the Tools menu
- Click on Import.
- Click on Browse to select the file with the settings of "citavi_einstellungen_HU.csd"
- Click on Next.
- Select the settings you want to import.
- Click on Finish.
The university has also acquired a Campus licence of the EndNote reference manager. All students and staff of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin are entitled to install the software for their use. This entitlement is limited and only applies for the period of membership at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Go to CMS for further information.
Web-based reference mangement systems
- Lite-Rat freeware predecessor of Citavi
- Lit-link reference manager for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Liblia reference manager of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin for users who share or publish their collections
- Zotero freeware Firefox add-on for the collection, management and quotation of scientific sources.